Trophy quality hunts hosted by OMM Outfitters and guided by New Brunswick's best guides in remote hunting areas known for trophy quality bears. The hunter and trophy quality experience is much like what is availble in nearby Maine.
BLACK BEAR HUNTING PACKAGES
Hunt the premier black bear hunting locations on the east coast of Canada!
Join Nathan Theriault in Northwestern New Brunswick this June for an action-packed Spring Bear Hunt. Experience the vast and remote adventure destinations of The Kedgwick Wildlife Management Area and the Restigouche River.
OMM Outfitters' exclusive (off the grid) luxury lodge with fine dining and lounge is just 70 miles from Eagle Lake in the midst of over 200 square miles of forest teaming with hungry boars emerging from hibernation. Hunts are primarily over bait from elevated stands and ground blinds. However, these hunts are during the heat of the black bear rut, so spot and stock and calling techniques are appropriate.
Standard Rate: US $2,950. (Save $300 pp if you book by Jan. 31, 2019)
VIP Rate: US $5,000. One-on-one guided hunt with professional help to judge size, spot-and-stock, and call in the big boars.
- Bear hunter success rates are way above average.
- Bears ranging from 4.5 feet and occasionally exceeding 7 feet.
- All clients are bear hunting over active bear baits.
- Trail cameras are utilized to enhance success.
- No needlessly long waits in your bear stand. Private channel, 5-watt, 2-way radios are provided for direct communication with your guide. Guides have 50-watt radios in their vehicles.
- Comfortable cabins with private baths.
- Fine cuisine is served in the dining room - lobster, prime meats and much more.
- Reasonably priced and ideally located high quality bear hunts,
- After tagging your first bear, a second hunt is available for just $1,200.
- Rates include international taxes and fees
Included: The American Plan rate includes accommodations, 3 meals a day, six nights stay, five days of guided hunting from modern tree stands or blinds, use of 5 watt private channel two-way radios for communication with the guide during the hunt, safety and hunting orientation meeting. The guide will help recover and field dress your bear, drive you to the tagging station, game processor, and taxidermist.
Not included: transportation to the lodge, license & bear tag (about $182 for non resident), skinning, butchering, taxidermy, airport transportation, and gratuity. Airport transportation from Presque Isle is $150 each way. The butcher will handle skinning for around $75 - $125 and process, vacuum pack, and freeze the animal for around $1 per pound. He will also freeze the hide in a box or we can transport it to a local taxidermist. Insulated shipping boxes are available at about $30 each and packing and FEDEX shipping services are also available.